(Last Updated: January 31, 2020)
1. Overview of this Policy
This website and this Policy are provided, controlled and maintained by Rear View Prints Limited with address at 85 Great Portland street, First Floor, London, W1W 7LT. The company is a business registered and operating under the laws of England with registration number 11433860. The words “Rear View Prints”, “we”, “us” and “our” under this Policy are used as substitutes for Rear View Prints Limited and its subsidiaries (if any). The words “you”, “your” and “user”, on the other hand, are used as substitutes for customers and potential customers accessing the website and/or purchasing products through the website.
You are required to read, understand and agree to the manner in which we process (collection, use, disclosure, security, etc.) your information in this Policy. You are also required to read our Terms and Conditions and Cookies Policy and print a copy each for future reference. By your use of the website and your submission of the requested personal information, you hereby agree to the manner in which we process your information as described in this Policy. if you do not agree, you should not submit information or purchase from us.
2. What information does Rear View Prints collect from you?
When you purchase from us or access the website, we collect certain personal information which is described below. The information we collect from you depends on what such information is needed for. We collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal Information you submit to us: Personal Information you submit to us is any information that you willingly submit to us when we require it. This information includes but is not limited to your names, email address, phone number, payment information, country, state, street, zip code, and city/town. This personal information may be collected when you (i) provide your shipping information, (ii) submit your payment information for payment, (iii) reach out to us regarding complaints or questions, (iv) sign up to receive newsletters from us, and (v) take part in surveys, promotions, and bonuses offered by Rear View Prints.
- Personal Information collected automatically: This is any information that is automatically collected by us through the use of our programmed software when you access the website. This type of information is collected immediately a user accesses the website. This information may include the user’s device IP Address, location, cookies and other tracking information. Non-personal information is majorly collected through your device with the help of our tracking tools such as cookies (see our Cookies Policy) and other third party tracking technologies such as Google Analytics.
- Aggregated Information: We collect aggregated information regarding the use of our website in order to determine the level of improvement. Aggregated information is numerical or non-numerical information that is compiled through technologies as reports or summaries for analytical purposes. This kind of information does not reveal the identity of any user. Aggregated information may include the (i) number of users that subscribed to our newsletter, (ii) number of visits to the website, (iii) most feature of the website accessed by users, and (iv) website/link a visitor navigates to our website from. We may share aggregated information with our affiliates and third parties to conduct general business analysis, which, in turn, helps us identify what area or feature to improve on the website.
3. What does Rear View Prints use information collected for?
Any information collected by us is for a purpose in relation to your orders, including for providing the services, processing and delivering your orders.
- To process and deliver your orders: We collect personal information to handle your orders, process your payments, communicate with you during order delivery, and deliver your items to you;
- To Improve the website and our services: We collect aggregated information to troubleshoot errors, analyse performance, and improve the features and services generally provided by us;
- Recommend and Personalise features: Rear View Prints uses certain information to recommend products and services that we think may interest you;
- To comply with the law and protect our rights: In certain cases, we are required to collect personal information as required by law to protect our rights and other users in the event of claims or disputes;
- To communicate with you: We collect your email address and phone number in order to (i) contact you regarding your order, (ii) respond to your questions, complaints, and queries, and (iii) send you updates regarding our services or this Policy and other agreements;
- For other purposes through your consent: We may also process your information for some other reasons which your consent will be sought before we process such information. You may also withdraw your consent at any time.
4. Who does Rear View Prints share information with?
Rear View Prints does not share the information you submit to us to third parties for their marketing purposes. The information we collect when you use the website and purchase through it may only be shared or disclosed to a third party under the following circumstances.
Disclosures to Third Party Services Providers: Third Party Service Providers (“Contractors”) are entities that perform some professional tasks for us in the course of the services rendered to you. Contractors need your information before they can fulfil the contract we have with them. For example, to process your payment, we need to share your payment method information with our payment processor. Also, to deliver the items you have ordered through the website, we will need to forward your shipping information to the relevant shipping agent or company.
Please note: Contractors have obligations (through the agreement between Rear View and them) to keep your information confidential and for nothing else other than fulfilling the task we have hired them to perform.
Disclosures under the Law and to Protect Rights: Rear View Prints may disclose personal information about you when such disclosures are believed to safeguard or protect our rights or other users; comply with the applicable law; to enforce our Terms and Conditions and the other agreements. These disclosures may include sharing information with law agencies, law enforcement and other organisations, responding to court orders and subpoenas for the protection of fraud and carrying out investigations against claims.
Please note: The disclosure of your information under this paragraph will not occur unless it is backed in writing and from relevant agencies.
Disclosures under a Business Transfer: Business transfers mean any sale of Rear View Print’s asset, a merger, consolidation, or acquisition. These are likely situations in the course of business. If any of these occurs, we will have no choice but to share information about you with the other company. For example, should Rear View Prints be acquired by another entity, your personal information will be accessed and controlled by the acquiring entity.
If the transfer of information as described under this section is to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the European Union (“EU”), we will ensure such transfer is done in accordance with this Policy and the privacy laws of the GDPR of May 25, 2018.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
6. How does Rear View Prints Protect your Personal Information?
The information we collect about you is protected using the best means known to minimise or mitigate its exposure to unauthorized third parties. The website is hosted on WooCommerce, one of the industry largest and trusted eCommerce plugin. WooCommerce stores information using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Encryption. Apart from WooCommerce, we also protect your information by:
Minimising the number of persons that can access your information to employees, Contractors, and people within Rear View Prints (and only if they need your personal information for a task);
Not sharing or selling personal information with or to any organisation or individuals; and
Signing a confidentiality agreement with anyone who has access to your personal information.
Although we use various means to protect your privacy from being breached, you will agree with us that cases of information theft increase every day due to various cyber-criminal technologies being developed. Due to this, Rear View Prints cannot guarantee that the personal information we hold about you will always be secure from unauthorized access or use. We will not be held responsible for any privacy lost due to cyber-theft.
7. Rear View Print’s Legal Bases for Information Processing
When we process your personal information, we do so because of the following “Legal bases:”
- Legitimate Interest: We process personal information to help us conduct our business, but not when your rights or interest overrides our interest.
- Consent: You gave us your consent to process your personal information. You may withdraw your consent at any time
- Contract Performance: We must process your information in order to honour the contract between us.
8. User Postings
Rear View Prints allows users to post reviews about their experience through our social media pages and email address. By posting reviews through our social media pages, you agree that your review will be public and any person who has access to our social media pages and groups will also see the content of your review. We require that you apply caution on the kind of personal information you attach to any public platform. We will not be responsible for privacy lost from the reviews you posted to our social media pages.
9. Marketing Emails (Newsletters)
Marketing Emails or Newsletters are the occasional messages sent to your email address for marketing purposes, including on offers, bonuses, promotions, and products which we think may interest you (collectively “Marketing Emails”). By submitting your email address during order checkout, you are by default added to our newsletter list unless you untick the box provided below it. You may also subscribe to receive Marketing Emails by outrightly submitting your email address at the bottom of the website.
We will continue to send you Marketing Emails until you opt-out of receiving them by unsubscribing via the instructions provided in any Marketing Email sent to you. You may also choose to block Marketing Emails by unticking the box provided when you submit your email address during your shipping information submission.
10. Your Rights regarding the information we hold about you
According to the GDPR law of 2018, you have the following rights regarding the information we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to refuse the submission of information: You may not provide any personal information required from you. However, you will not be able to use the services the information is meant for.
- The right to correct personal information at any time: Any information, including information related to shipping and billing, can be corrected at any time.
For questions and queries regarding these rights or other options available to you, use our Contact Us page or send us a direct message to our email address at [email protected]
11. How long do we retain your information?
We only keep information about orders and sales on our database. We keep the order information for as long as the website and services function. This information helps us to monitor the sales we have made and when such sales were made. This allows us to monitor analytics, protect our rights in the event of claims, and help us to comply with applicable laws.
12. International Transfer of Information
The information we hold about you may, from time-to-time, be transferred or shared with Contractors and subsidiaries located outside the EEA and EU for the purposes described in this Policy under Section 4 above. When we transfer information in this manner, your personal information will also be subject to the policies set out in this Policy and other safeguards provided by law. For example, we will only share information with any Contractor in the US if such Contractor signs an agreement with us or is a part of the US Privacy Shield.
13. Children Policy
We do not permit users that are below the age of majority (usually 18 years in most countries) to submit personal information and purchase from us unless they have support from their parent or legal guardian. By submitting personal information to us, you represent to us that you are 18 years of age or above and that you are able to be bind by this Policy.
14. Changes to this Policy
Rear View Reserves the right to review and change this Policy from time-to-time. Changes may be due to developments such as changes in applicable law or a feature on the website or our services. The “Last Updated” date above will be changed to reflect any changes made to this Policy. We require that you frequently review this Policy to watch out for any changes to it. We may, in our discretion, send you notices regarding changes to your email address or other means we deem fit.